WHAT WE BELIEVE
Every church is driven by something. TCC is built around the five New Testament purposes given by Jesus:
You could say we’re purpose-driven!
TCC bases everything we do from programs to pastoring, events to evangelism, fellowship to funding and meetings to membership on one or more of these purposes.
It can be visualized as a baseball diamond, with each base representing the next step. Our goal is to see those in our Community (the unchurched, unchallenged and uncommitted people in the Triad) move to our Core (mature disciples of Jesus involved in effective ministry).
The Bible is:
- uniquely God-inspired.
- without error.
- the final authority on all matters on which it speaks.
- one God.
- eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - each possessing all the attributes of deity.
- God created humans to have fellowship with Him, but they defied God by sinfully going their own way. As a result, we need God’s saving grace to end our alienation from Him. Salvation comes only through God’s grace - not human effort - and must be received personally by repentance and faith.
- is the second Person of the Trinity.
- lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute, accomplishing salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone.
- rose from the dead and is the only mediator between us and God.
- baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit.
- will return to earth to consummate history.
The Holy Spirit:
- draws sinners to Christ and equips believers for personal growth and service to the church.
The Church’s role:
- is to glorify God and serve those in need.
- at the end, is to experience bodily resurrection and the judgment.
- is that only believers will enjoy eternal fellowship with God.